Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Woe is us...

Well fam,

So this is how our last week has gone down. Last wednesday Ali thought that it would be a great idea to do a bit of a work out while she walked across campus all day long. So with a smug grin she begins to load into her backpack every shred of paper that she could get in it. As her school day begins to draw to a close she had a bounce in her step from the workout she got. While on the phone with her mom she had a brain fart at the wrong moment. It was at that precise moment when she had decended the first stair that it happend...she caught the toe of her shoe on the step, vaulting her into the clutches of gravity. Usually she would have a quick recover, and walk as though nothing had happend. But, due to her desire for a workout she had a loaded backpack that weighed about half her weight. So as she tried to recover in mid fall, the backpack acted as an accelerant and drove her down to the ground. Yelling "OH CRAP" as the ground closed in. She got her hands up in time to stop a full fledged faceplant. As she landed, her backpack slid over her head hiding her face. She thought she was alone and halfway through breathing a sigh of relief she looked up to see a pair of feet walking toward her. Kathy the whole while never missing a beat just kept on a talkin. The sight was something that could have won $10,000 in AFV as she came to a rest in the stink bug position. Clambering to her feet trying to repress her blushes she told the guy walking toward her that she was fine as she hobbled off because of a bruised knee.
Then you have me, a smooth talkin, smooth walkin gracefull guy. I carry that same grace on the basketball court. But to my demise, a defender schemed a devilish plan to bring me down. At the begining of a game I got the ball about five feet behing the three-point line and pulled up in his face. As I watched the ball sink into the warm loving folds of the net this defender put his plan into action. Quickly sliding his foot underneath mine I came down on his foot. As the rest of my body came to the ground it caused my foot to roll off and send me hobbling down the court.
But to top it all off, today we each had another experience that is blog worthy. After work I cooked an individual lasagna for my self for brunch. I sat it on the floor while I tied up some lose ends on my computer. I got done with my computer and reclined in our chair. Ali came and laid next to me as we watch a show before she had to get ready. Ali, unbenonce to me, developed an odd foot fetish. So as she climbed out of the chair backwards she "accidently" dropped her right foot into my lasagna sauce that was left over. Then, while both of us are all but rolling in laughter she puts her foot up on my on my leg and !demands! that I clean off her toes, insisting that it is all my fault. Needless to say I cleaned her toes off with a napkin and all was well.
Then I noticed as I went through my day that my right eye kept feeling irritated. I thought that I had something in my eye, but it never came out, and never moved. So when I got home I checked out my eye in the mirror and was not surprised not to see anything. As I blinked I felt it again, so I pulled my upper eyelid out and folded it back a little bit to see if there was something on the inside of it I saw a small white bump that has grown off my eye lid. Do I know what it is? No. The only thing that I do know is that it has grown on the tip of my eyelid making it a huge annoyance everytime I blink. So mom, any advice on how to get rid of this thing?
That is it for our activities in the last week. Look forward to hearing from you guys and hearing your stories. Love you all.
Matt & Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment