Tuesday, November 10, 2009




So the big news with us is that we are not just serious about looking for homes, we're really "serious," which is a big deal to me because I thought this day would never come on account of my nervous Nelly, aka Brannon. Now that it is finally "his" idea to buy a house, I'm sure it is going to happen in the next two months. In fact, we are going house hunting this Saturday with Brannon's aunt who happens to be an agent, so I'm hoping that we have good luck and find something that we can't live without and that's affordable of course. After hours of browsing the hundreds of listings in our area and arguing over what's ugly, what's cute, what's too small, too old, and many "There's no way I'm living in that house!" we've come up with a list of about 20 homes to go and see. Blessed be the end of our apartment dwelling days!


Other news is that Taj is again waking up at least two or three times a night with blood curdling screams, which always springs either me or Brannon into action. Poor Brannon always hits his shins on the cedar chest and has to hobble down the hall to rescue his little man. No amount of rocking or baby talk will put this kid back to sleep for the entire night. Usually I take the first shift, then Brannon, and then Brannon again because I can't get my eyes to open. We hope and pray that this is just a phase that will pass very soon because I don't know how much longer we can be this sleep deprived.



Finally, I got a job working with Brannon. We have yet to find out if that is a good idea or not. This is the one place that I don't boss him around because I don't know what I'm doing and he gets to boss me as does everyone else in the office, but that's cool with me, I don't have authority issues. My responsibilities include filing mountains of paperwork, answering phones, picking up the mail (I even have my own key!), and tracking the distribution and sales of proprane (which is a lot harder than I thought it would be!). Even though I just do small tasks, I love having this job and Taj loves going to daycare so far. It's just three days a week for four hours, so it's not bad at all. Taj didn't even notice when I left him and he didn't give a rat's behind when I came back to get him. He didn't even miss me! So I think this is going to be good for both of us. Anywho, Taj is taking a nap right now and I'm going to capitalize on this time and try to make up for lost sleep!
This picture is so flattering for both of us, really, I do think that we could be models for Hogle Zoo:)

1 comment:

  1. Michelle I will file child abuse charges against you if you put my grandson in that shirt again!!! You were raised so better than that! Dad

    ReplyDelete